Showcase is a video-first marketplace for early-career hiring. We save companies and candidates time by eliminating the need for a phone screen. We're based in New York, NY and are on a mission to leave no jobseeker unseen.
**$65K base + $25-$35K commission + equity**
This is a key hire for us, so pay is significantly above market! The role is internal to Showcase, not at a partner company.
This is a unique opportunity to be one of the first five on-site employees at a company that will grow headcount rapidly in 2020. You'll have an enormous impact on the business, building the company with the founding team.
Showcase is a video-first marketplace for early-career hiring. We save companies and candidates time by eliminating the need for a phone screen. See more at https://showcasejobs.com.
As stands, the founding team has been running the sales process from lead generation to close and is low on bandwidth. We're looking for a sales development representative to join our NYC-based team as SDR #1. You'll be building out our lead generation and prospecting processes from the ground up and we'd like you to grow with us, moving into a closing or management role in 6-9 months. It's early days and we're iterating on the fly but the base is high to reflect that!
We value someone metrics-oriented, creative, autonomous and fun to hang out with. You'll be hypothesizing, testing and iterating constantly.
What You’ll Do:
* Build our top-of-funnel processes from the ground up, maintaining accurate lists of target customers based on highest converting personas.
* Conduct high volume prospecting (50+ activities per day) to qualify leads through email, video, calls and social.
* Attending company meetings to see how the founding team thinks about navigating challenges and capitalizing on opportunities.
* Schedule discovery meetings and demos for founders/AEs to assess partnership opportunities, hopefully soon conducting these yourself.
* Evaluate CRMS and other sales enablement tools to maximize our efficiency.
* Whatever else you'd like exposure to that adds value to our business. Choose your own adventure.
* 6 months or more experience as an SDR, ideally at an early-stage company without a known brand.
* Comfortable self-directing - we're as young as it gets, so you should want to use your intuition to figure out where conversion is highest and set tasks accordingly when you don't have direction.
* Ability to build a thesis and solve around it - what subject lines work best? Which CTAs are lowest friction? And so on.
* Data/metrics-driven - we want to create a repeatable process and the best way to do that is solving for the entire funnel.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
* Comfortable with pre-recorded video - as a video-first product, we use it as a key part of our outbound.
* Enthusiasm to join an early-stage startup!
* Interest in growing with the company - you're coming on early and we want you to reap the rewards of that decision!
Business Development, CRM, Sales, Lead Generation, Inside Sales, New Business Development, Communication Skills, Cold Calling, Lead Qualification, Prospecting and Cold Calling, Inbound and Outbound Sales